In January, Blake and I started our second half of our first year of Medical and Law school. Here are some things that we did:
- We made this silly video.
- I endured multiple interviews before landing a job at a local legal services organization.
- We got dressed up to go to Blake's Winter Ball with Georgetown School of Medicine.
- We got a visit from my Dad.
- We celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple!
- I found new websites for when I need a laugh or just want to procrastinate.
- I used my spring break to hang out with Blake in class for a day!
- Blake became a stay-at-home husband for a week during his spring break at school.
- I skyped with a lot of people over the computer.
- I played a part in the Trial of the Big Bad Wolf for a bunch of elementary school kids.
- I learned How to Date a Medical Student.
- We hosted a birthday fiesta for our friend, Allen.
- My dad came to visit again, and he and I got away from school and work to do some touristy things.
- Marcus and Suzy got ENGAGED!
- We tried out some new recipes.
- I finished my first year of law school!
- Blake also participated in MedWar, which we never actually wrote a blog about, and I was a volunteer for the race. Here's the recap:
Blake, Allen, and Nicole were on a team, and I was a judge at one of the stations. Go Beached Whales!
- We rearranged our apartment.
- Marcus and Suzy picked a wedding date, and Blake and I picked up tickets!
- I became domestic and made some fun new recipes I found online.
- I took a ten day trip to Tennessee, and I:
- visited my favorite mother-in-law,
- visited one of my best friends, Pamela, and made a Bollywood inspired video,
- did clean-up in Tennessee in a small community where a tornado recently struck,
- celebrated Mother's Day with my mother,
- spent time with my family,
- and ate dinner with my girls from Lipscomb and saw Becca off on her trip to Guatemala!
- We also celebrated our first anniversary as a married couple!
- Blake finished up his first year of medical school and visited Knoxville for awhile!
- We explored different parts of DC, including:
- Blake and I tried out new recipes too! Snacking foods, falafel, pizza tortilla and peanut butter granola!
- We took a roadtrip to Tennessee for two of our close friends' weddings, Lindsey and Lorie.
- I finished up summer school.
- Blake surprised me after work by buying tickets to see a play at the Kennedy Center called Shear Madness.
- We got a parking ticket dismissed!!
- My friends Heather and Brittney came to DC to visit! Here, here, here, and here!
- Marcus and Suzy tied the knot!
- A handsome guy I'm married to had a birthday and turned 24.
- Blake and I decided to go to the beach, and we had a blast!
- I finished working at my summer job, and started working at my fall internship.
- Blake and I both started our second year of graduate school.
- We took a trip to Ikea and built a Mega Desk for studying.
- We survived Hurricane Irene.
- Our friend, Blake, came to visit.
- We made skillet gnocchi.
- Blake and I made it to Tennessee where we were each in a wedding 30 minutes apart.
- This month, I visited Tennessee for one of my old bridesmaid, Ashley's, wedding and my cousin's bachelorette party.
- And then I went back to Tennessee again for my cousin's wedding!
- I turned 24 and blogged about it a whole bunch because school was stressful and my birthday was not!
- I went to a paint rave.
- I blogged about fun things I see around Washington DC here, here, and here.
- Blake surprised me with dinner after a long day at work.
- I had several fashion emergencies, one of which included wearing two different shoes to judge a competition at the law school and the other included ripping my skirt straight up the back and fashioning a scarf into a skirt so I could make it to the bus stop. Awkward.
- Blake and I went as Dr. Pepper to the Halloween Pumpkin Party at our friend's house.
- We enjoyed fall in the city.
- I began collecting pictures of Blake studying... of which there were A LOT!
- We studied a lot. I'm not even going to give you a link because those posts were really boring. I mean reallllllly boring. I will make an exception for this blog because Blake was just too cute!
- We celebrated Thanksgiving with some medical school friends and between the two of us.
- We decorated for Christmas.
- Blake and I narrowly escaped several close crime situations.
- We found out that Marcus and Suzy are EXPECTING A BABY!
- Blake and I finished the first half of our second hear of medical and law school! I am exactly half way done with law school now!
- We got down to Nashville and hung out with Heather, Courtney, Brittney, and family.
- We watched my cousin graduate from college.
- I got my haircut!
- On Christmas Eve, we took lots of jump pictures with my extended family.
- We visited my parents for Christmas.
- I got crafty with some pictures and my old wedding cards.
- We visited Blake's parents for another Christmas.
- We did a Christmas lights tour in Knoxville.
- We rang in the New Year with Blake's parents and Marcus and Suzy and our future Niece or Nephew!