Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scary Halloween Story

Today I give you a scary tale in honor of Halloween that will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.  This terrifying, true story is the stuff of nightmares, and I completely understand if you want to stop reading now.   It's that spine-tingling...

Don't say you haven't been warned!

Once upon a time [yesterday], there was a young law student and legal intern named Catie [thus ends the third person monologue].  On this particular morning, I had a terrible conundrum--I had snoozed my alarm clock too many times and hadn't done laundry in a reaaaalllly long time.  Left with little time and wardrobe choices, I threw together a long sleeve shirt, a pencil skirt, tights, a belt and a big scarf.  Satisfied with my decision, I headed to school.

Safely in my office after school, I set to work on a legal brief.  After working diligently for a few hours, I took a bathroom break.  In the bathroom, while adjusting my skirt, I heard the sound that all fear but few have experienced....

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Oh yes, the modest slit in the back of my pencil skirt was ripped!  Now, I knew the skirt was on the older side, and older hems don't seem to hold like newer ones, but what could the damage possibly be?  I reached behind me...

6 inches of rippage up the back of my skirt!

Needless to say, little was left to the imagination. In horror, I realized that I was several dozen feet from my office.  I inched down the hallway from the bathroom to my office with my back to the wall, appearing terribly casual I'm sure, but passing no one.

"This is like those nightmares I used to have in middle school where I showed up to class and forgot to put on pants!" I thought to myself.

Back in my office again, I closed the door and assessed the situation.  Yes, the skirt was definitly not wearable.  Yes, I was going to die of embarrasment.  I searched frantically for safety pins, and finding none, I  did the only thing one is apt to do in such a situation -- I called my sister and declared fashion catastrophe!

She didn't have much advice.  She did laugh a lot though.  Thanks, girl.

And with that I turned to the internets in hope for a remedy.  Thankfully, I stumbled upon a party girl who declared that life was too short for long skirts and who took scarves, folded them in half, and used them as skirts.  Certainly not an ideal situation, but I did have a scarf so I thought I'd see what I could do.  I did not fold it in half for maximum leg exposure, seeing as I was already feeling pretty exposed at that point.

What follows are the pictures that my sister received via email and phone:



 With her blessing, I removed the skirt that I still had on under the scarf in the above pictures, and I headed home where I wore several layers of pants to quell the shaking in my soul of almost, ALMOST being caught without bottoms at work.

THE END.
--Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...