Friday, November 12, 2010

Interesting Criminal Law Class

Theme Song from Diff'rent Strokes
In my criminal law class, we were studying a certain type of crimes called 'inchoate.' Some examples include solicitation (asking someone to commit a crime on your behalf or with you) and conspiracy. Inchoate means incomplete--meaning you can be charged with a crime even if the substance of the crime has not been committed. So if you ask someone to kill someone on your behalf, you are charged with solicitation, even if the person you ask does not commit to doing the murder for you. 


It sounds pretty dry right? But my Criminal Law professor rocks, and he started the class with a picture from Diff'rent Strokes and used those characters as the examples in explaining all of the different crimes. 


Honestly, I don't remember why exactly it was brought up, but at the beginning of class, my Professor said he would give immunity (from cold calling) to anyone who would sing the theme song from Diff'rent Strokes! I did not volunteer (I want my classmates to like me, and if they heard me trying to remember a tune I haven't heard in over 10 years....), but I was flooded with memories of staying up late with my sister during the summer and watching marathons of Diff'rent Strokes and Facts of Life. We'd wake up around 10 AM and watch Golden Girls. Sometimes we'd watch the Munsters and I Dream of Jeanie. I Love Lucy was another classic from those summers.


I realize it sounds like all we did was watch tv, but it really wasn't! But I would never trade those mornings and late nights catching up on 80's tv shows with my sister.
--Catie
Facts of Life
Diff'rent Strokes
I Love Lucy
I Dream of Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...