Sunday, October 28, 2012

In Preparation for Frankenstorm...

DC is battening down the hatches in preparation for Hurricane Sandy.  GW Law has already cancelled all classes.  MetroRail and MetroBus are all closed until further notice.  We're still waiting to hear about Derek though.  All third year medical students are required to have cars, so the lack of public transportation may not keep him from having to go into work tomorrow, but I'm personally hoping they give them a break!  If so, I can get right on to opening this...
Derek picked it up for me sometime this weekend and it's been taunting me on the floor... I'm a purist when it comes to birthdays, so Derek is making me wait until at least after 12:57 AM on October 29th before I can open it!

Back to Hurricane Sandy....
From what we hear, we should get the worst of it on Monday at around 8 PM.  They're saying there will be widespread power outages that could last days.  During the tornado over the summer [that we drove through on our way back from Philadelphia...oops!], we were one of the few apartment buildings that kept our power.  We may have gotten off easy at that point.

We really cannot complain though.  We live in a good apartment building who will take care of any issues as soon as possible, and I feel pretty safe.  With the death toll at 58 so far, we won't be complaining about a little loss of power or dirty water.  

Hope everyone is staying safe!!  We'll keep you all updated on our situation here!
--Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...