Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Ending

I've been having one of those weeks where nothing is working out.  Deadlines are not matching up, jobs are not being offered, classes are not going as planned, coffee is being spilt.  I called Derek in a very dejected mood, and he offered to take me out to cheer me up.

That guy *heavy sigh* is awesome.

We went to 2Amy's which is a well known Neapolitan pizzeria in the Tenleytown neighborhood.  It was our first time, and we loved trying sometime new!
 My handsome date:
 The waiter suggested we try something called Suppli a telefono--deep fried risotto and fresh mozzarella  cheese!  We went with it, and polished off our delicious appetizer!
 Then we each ordered a pizza.  I got the Norcia (pronounced Nor-Cha) with tomato, grilled peppers, salami, and grata (a type of hard cheese).  Derek got something a little fishy--anchovies (get it???  "little fishy" because anchovies are little FISH!!!!)!  It was called the Puttanseca.  It had tomato sauce, rapini (little broccolis), fresh mozzarella, garlic, and anchovies!  And oh oh oh that crust was so good!
  I surreptitiously took some shots of the cute little neighborhood restaurant.  It had such a good vibe.
The bar area
The kitchen area
 2Amys you have not seen the last of Derek and Catherine!

When I got home, Dorothy and Steve (Derek's parents for those of you just tuning in) had sent me my first birthday present of the year!  No after picture, but it was pumpkin themed!!  Pumpkin spiced bread, coffee, pretzel snacks, almonds, and other goodies!  Thanks!!

This week has been pretty sucky, but hopefully this evening marks a turning point!  I'm ready for some sunshine over here!
--Catherine





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...