Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Friday in Tennessee/Present Day Update

I had a greeeaaaat time in Tennessee this past weekend, hanging out with some of my dearest friends and seeing family.  I got to do all sorts of neat things, so please indulge me while I recap a bit over the next few days!

Before I get around to my recap, I'll let you know what is going on in DC currently!  Blake is taking his first of three shelf exams--Microbiology and Immunology.  I'm still not entirely sure what these exams are, despite him telling me several times haha, but I believe they are comprehensive finals from the entire second year of medical school.  They only count for 5% of his final grades, but that is just enough to make it matter!  He's got 12 hours of shelf exams between today and Friday, but then he is done with class/lecture until Step 1!  I'm sure I'll dedicate a post to Step 1 too, since Blakewill surely be dedicating a lot of time in preparation for it!

Back to my Tennessee trip though!  I flew into Chattanooga on Friday night and got in my luggage with enough time to head back out the door with my family.  Our car pointed to Nashville, and away we went to a dinner for my sister and the other Biology-degree candidates.

The professors told stories on several of the graduates...
 And presented them with a small gift.
Granny Bettye!
 It was nice to mingle with the professors.
 Back at Becca's apartment, I presented her with a graduation present from me!  I got her a necklace from this adorable online boutique (Check it out here!)




I also introduced her to someone who would be accompanying us to graduation --- Flat Riley!

Riley is her boyfriend who's working in Honduras.  He was bummed that he couldn't make it to Bec's graduation, so he and I schemed to come up with some way that he could still be there!

Flat Riley met the family and thoroughly enjoyed himself.  Some of my other graduation posts will feature Flat Riley as well!! Haha... he was a member of the family!
--Catie

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's too funny and special! Love that Flat Riley was able to make it!! Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...