Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cinco de Mayo con graduaciones y fiestas!

Saturday, cinco de mayo, was busy busy busy for me, so get ready for an onslaught of pictures!

I started breakfast out right with a good friend of mine from Nashville, Laura!  She, Blake, and I met during a trip to Guatemala to provide medical services to remote villages. She's almost done with her nurse practitioner degree, and I already know she'll be amazing!
 Breakfast was so yummy at Cracker Barrel's but I had to take it a little easy since I was still getting over some food poisoning from the night before.

 We sat and talked for a couple of hours, catching up on life since we'd seen each other last.

We talked about cats too!  When I got back home and was telling Blake about our breakfast conversation, he said that if we end up back in Nashville and near Laura, we'd have to get our cats together for a play date!! What do you say, Laura??  Is Lily up for it?

Following my breakfast with Laura, I had just enough time to get changed and head to lunch with my family at Chick-fil-A!  I used to work there back in high school, and I crave it some days.  There's no Chick-fil-A in Washington DC, so I often end up eating it 7 times per trip to TN!

Of course Flat Riley had to hang out with the Cow!
 While I was at Chick-fil-A, one of my good friends came over for lunch!  It was so great to hang out with Brittney, even though it wasn't nearly long enough!  She is so cute.  She drove a truck the size of Texas with parts of a bathroom that she had loaded up herself to take off somewhere.  The girl's hardcore!!
 Finally it was time to head to Lipscomb for my sister's graduation!  I love walking through my old campus to see the sights.  What a pretty place it is!

 Fanning Hall was my very first dorm 6 years ago when I was only 18 and just starting college.  It's hard to believe so much time has passed.  I miss my roommate, Pamela too!
 Lipscomb had set up a cupcake and cookie area for the graduates and their families before the graduation!
 While I was there, I ran into friends!  Nate was in our wedding, and Blake was in Nate and Brooke's wedding a year later!
 When Heather and I (we were inseparable throughout this trip, but we didn't get many pictures together, sadly) made it into the arena, I found a spot next to my family, including my cousins, Brad and Matt.
 I promised Riley a picture with my sister!  She's the blonde one about three seats in!
 There she is!!
 Afterward, a large group of us went to TGIFrdays for some dinner.  What's a family gathering without an awkward picture or two?
L to R: Heather, Matt, Granny Bettye, Aunt Kathy, Brad, Me, Ben's chin
 Then after that, Heather and I drove back into Nashville to go to a bonfire at my friends rental property.  It was so great catching up with Summer and Danielle and all the friends they invited!  One of the friends was Ashley, whose wedding I went to back in October!
Heather, me, Ashley, and Summer
 You can't get these girls together without some dancing!  We had a blast dancing up a storm in Summer's room until we were all out of breath and exhausted from shaking what our mommas gave us.
L to R: Rachel, Ashley, ME, Heather, Summer

It was an amazing day and I loved every second of it!

2 comments:

  1. I made the blog!! :) Yes, I loved every moment catching up with you, sweet Catherine! And yes, we can have a kitty play date some day! But in order to do so, we must live close together. We could be neighbors!--Yay! I'm so glad you had a great time, and I hope your job is wonderful! Love! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love your friends and family, especially your little sister...

    I love you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...