Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Day Celebration!

For Valentine's Day, I wanted to get Derek something he'd been talking about for awhile:


 Tickets to a Washington Wizards NBA game!  Neither of us had ever been to an NBA game, and we had a blast at our first game!  Memphis Grizzlies are the closest NBA team to where we grew up, and they didn't even come to Tennessee until 2001.  I'll let you in on a little secret: until last year, I didn't know any NBA teams aside from the Bulls and the Lakers!
Washington Wizards v. Brooklyn Nets




 The game was really high energy!  And that's fire in the picture above!!
 And with our star player back, the Washington Wizards won!  John Wall played for the University of Kentucky back when Derek and I were trying to decide which medical school and law school to go to. Kentucky was a contender--and the first school we got into together--so we've had a soft spot ever since for the Wildcats!
The guy in focus is Kris Humphries, married to Kim Kardashian!  It was so fun to see him in real life instead of on Keeping up with the Kardashians!
After the game, Derek and I headed down the street for some dinner!  It was late, so we split an appetizer sampler.  What a great first NBA game experience!  And happy Valentine's Day to my love!I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day!
--Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...