Wednesday, January 2, 2013

ZooLights in DC!

I'm starting out 2013 right...by discussing 2012! Ha!  I'm sure you will excuse me for taking a bit of a break from blogging.  I'm just not used to having so many other fun things to do instead! 

On Sunday, December 16th, Derek and I headed to something that I've been talking about for years--Zoolights!  Now that we live on the same street as the National Zoo, there was really no excuse for us not to get out there.  Spoiler Alert: We made it twice this year!!  
 Derek and I had SUCH a good night out at Zoolights.  We parked about a mile away and joined the throngs going into the zoo.  It was chock full of people, but I'd been studying at a school that looked like this, so I didn't mind:
Here are some highlights from our trip down the streets to the National Zoo!
Derek grew up with a pet iguana named Iggy so we had to get this one in the shot!
We sipped on hot chocolate the whole way through.  Such a great night! 
Lights in the trees were so pretty!  
I had to throw in a flamingo shot.  I was president of a service club in college for two years, and the flamingos were our mascot.  I'll always be a fan!
 And here's a short video of a light show and musical accompaniment!  We had such a great time!
--Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...