Thursday, January 17, 2013

Driving Ms. Kitty

Let's talk about how not fun it is to drive long distances with a feline companion....

I have the scratches to prove it!

Despite the loooooonnnnggg drive back to DC, Derek and I made it safely back with Brennan, and she's loving the apartment!

We've got her scratcher set up in the corner, and she's getting used to life with us too!  We wake up around 5:45 AM, and as soon as our alarms go off, Brennan is meowing for breakfast!  We'll see if this becomes Pavlovian!

Derek and I are now a week and a half into our spring semesters.

I am taking Labor Law, Administrative Law, and Corporations.  On top of that, I also get credit for teaching twice a week and serving as an Editor on the Public Contracts Law Journal.  I have several late nights at school, which can be really draining.  Today, for example, will be the third day in a row that I got to school at 7 AM and will leave after 9 PM.  The classes are enjoyable though, and I'm happy to be able to set my own schedule for times in between classes or meetings.  Last semester, when I was working, I felt like I had zero free time because I was either in the office or trying to catch up from what I had missed before.

5-Part Brass playing Canon in D at 7 AM outside of the Metro station downtown on my way to school. That's one way to brighten people's days!
Derek is currently on his Psychiatry rotation.  He's at Georgetown, which is nice because it's close by.  The rotation could definitely be worse--he usually gets there around 7:15 AM and comes home around 5:30-6:00 PM and he's had weekends off.  There is a test at the end of the rotation that he has to study for in the evenings, but he's had much more downtime than any other rotation so far!
Derek is working with the consult team of psychiatrists.  That means that when a new patient comes to the Emergency Room with signs of mental illness, or when a current patient who needs to sign consent forms shows signs of dementia or some other mental illness, or when a diagnosed mentally ill patient comes in for other medical issues, Derek's team has to get involved.  Derek, as the medical student, is the first one to go in and assess the situation.  I also have to brag because he got back his grade from his Internal Medicine rotation and he TOTALLY ROCKED IT!!!  He's going to be embarrassed that I said that haha.
Kitty is unamused by Derek's studying.
So that's what we've been up to for the past week and a half.  :)  What have our lovely readers been doing??
--Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Hey, guys!
    So... what have I been doing? I passed by family NP certification exam, and I'm looking for a job. :)
    BTW, I'm SOOO proud of you both. I know you're doing such a great job in school!! That's awesome!
    Brennan is such a cute kitty! I can't wait to meet her one day.
    I love you and miss you both!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on passing your certification!!! That is so great! Good luck with the job search. I hope you find the perfect place! And thanks for your kind words about school and Brennan! Isn't Brennan adorable?!? I'm so glad we have a cat. You should definitely come meet her!
      Love and miss you too!
      Catherine

      Delete

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...