Sunday, January 13, 2013

Celebrating My Grandparents' Birthdays

Our first stop was to see Cora, and our last stop was hanging out with my Dad's side of the family to celebrate his parents' birthdays!  My grandmother and grandfather were born only one day (and a few years) apart, on December 30th and December 31st.  Happy birthday and happy New Year!
Happy 69th Birthday, Granny Dora!
My parents, Uncle Jason, and me
With the birthday girl
This is Lucy, my First Cousin Once Removed (the daughter of my first cousin, Rachel)
Happy birthday, Grandpa!
Derek and Ben playing chess!  They totally bonded this trip.  
Rocking a cardigan.  
Renee, Lucy (her arm anyway), Me, Derek, Grandpa, my dad, Uncle Bud in the corner, and mom!
Can you see the family resemblance between these four??  My dad and his youngest sister, holding the children of their older brother's oldest daughter!  (Did you follow that?)  The Lynn genes are strong.
 At the end of the night, Evonne, my dad, and Joe got together to recreate a classic picture from their childhood:
 They came pretty close, didn't they?  There was no way to recreate that unibrow on the older Santa though...
--Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...