Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday Wrap-Up Slash Sandy Survival

My birthday was surprisingly awesome considering the horrible weather.  I was quarantined with Derek, and let's face it, there's no one else with whom I'd rather be quarantined!

On the 28th, we got takeout from a Chinese place near us that serves the most amazing food.  Their hot and sour tofu soup makes me shed tears from delicious-ness.

So much time on my hands... I even straightened my hair!  And tried a middle part.  Becca did not give me the nod of approval on the middle part.
Midnight on October 29th!
 Starbucks free drink? Sure, I'll brave winds going faster than DC traffic ever moves!
So much success I took a picture in the starbucks to memorialize it!
 These next five pictures are Derek being awesome and cooking me dinner:





And I never told you what I got for my birthday... a HUGE AWESOME Christmas Tree!!!  I've been talking about getting a full-size tree since we moved out of our studio apartment, but I couldn't find something that I was willing to spend the money on.  While I was at GW for the moot court competition, Derek was driving through Virginia to find me the perfect Christmas tree.  This thing is 7.5 feet tall and is nearly 5 feet wide!!!!  I love it :)  He's a good gift-giver, if you ever get the chance to receive gifts from him!

As far as Sandy goes, we escaped without any damage.  The windows rattled and shook, the lights flickered a couple of times, but no trees came into our living room or on our car, and the electricity stayed on the whole time!  Thanks to everyone who asked about us!
--Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Hey Catherine, thanks for leaving me the password.
    Really love your blog :)
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're happy to have you read along! Hope you are having a great day!

      Delete

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...