Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mom and Ben's Visit Hours 14 through 32

When we got back from our dinner last night, we decided to watch Chronicles of Narnia in the living room until we all fell asleep... which was in about 10 minutes for Blake!  [The poor guy is being worked  to death at the hospital.  This past week, for example, he worked 71 hours, and that was considered a light week.  This week he starts a Labor & Delivery shift where he's scheduled to work 84 hours!  I'm working full-time and getting paid, and I'm working half that!]  

The next morning, we woke up nice and early.  I made a big breakfast for everyone, including eggs, hashbrowns, and pancakes.  We headed to my law school first to check out where I spend all my time!
Here we are with the first President!
And again haha
I gave the tour, and then we headed for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts!  We didn't have time to catch a show, but we headed out to the observation deck for a different view of the Capital!  

And also pictures:

 Here we are with Georgetown in the background.  Such a pretty part of the city!

After we'd walked the perimeter of the Kennedy Center and checked out the gift shop, we headed for the last stop of our time in DC -- Ben's Chili Bowl!  This is not to be confused with my brother Ben ;)

Blake wrote a great review, complete with a little history lesson, over here.  Click to go back in time to a Blake-and-Catie-recently-moved-to-DC post.


Here are some of favorite people outside of the restaurant.
And all to soon my mom and Ben's trip ended.  We took them back to the airport and promised to do it again soon!
--Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...