Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Washington Nationals Game: Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

First, before we get to this post, I completely forgot to post one of my favorite jokes! Please indulge me... if you were hanging out with me on the 4th of July, I probably would have turned to you and said:

"Do they have the 4th of July in England?"

And you would have looked at me like I'm an unpatriotic idiot and said:

"Of course not! Don't be ridiculous!"

And then I would have the last laugh because I would say:

"Yes they do!  It's right between the third of July and the fifth of July!!!"

Hilarity would have ensued.  Doesn't it make you wish you were hanging out with me?? :)

--------

Ok back to the blog I originally started writing...

Washington DC is chock-full of professional sports teams.  We've got the Capitals (hockey), the Wizards (men's basketball), the Redskins (football), the Mystics (women's basketball), DC United (soccer), and the Kastles (tennis).

Blake and I finally ticked 'watching a DC professional sports team play' off our DC Bucket List!  Last week, the day after the 4th of July, we went to see the Washington Nationals take on the San Francisco Giants!
Outside the stadium!  And Jeff in the corner!
Fun Seats!
Fun People!
 It was also Turn Back the Clock Night, which meant the Nationals--formerly known as the Senators--played in their uniforms from the 1924 World Series!  It was really fun, and the support also got into it!
The Presidential race!  I believe Tom Jefferson won this game's! 
We had such a great time!  Go Nats!

--Catherine

Oh gosh, I'm obviously quite the sports fan, right?  The Nats won 6-5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...