This happened last year, and I decided I wanted to make a bench out of this coffee table. I don't know about you, but I need a creative outlet sometimes. I think blogging and creating little projects around our apartment help A LOT. This project was born from that desire to do something.
My mom found some foam on sale at a shop in Tennessee, and my dad brought it up with him one time when he was visiting. I bought the fabric online, but unfortunately, the coffee table wasn't exactly right for what I wanted to do. We ended up just folding the fabric under the foam and laying it on top of the coffee table.
The other day, I was brainstorming about what to do with this old thing. And then it hit me! Blake and I took a couple of hours to staple the fabric/foam to the rim of the coffee table. Then, I found some cute trim online, and I have plans to hot glue the trim on top of the staples around the rim! PERFECT.
|This is before the trim is added but after the staples were in|
Here's the embarrassing part....
I completely ordered the wrong amount of trim. Today, I got about 5 feet of trim in the mail!!
I ordered the trim online after looking at dozens of different kinds. I made sure the measurements were right for what I wanted, but I completely glossed over the description of what I was ordering!
Below you will see what I did not notice when I first looked.
This is not a good sign coming from someone who is supposed to be awesome at reading the fine print!
Anyway, I ordered a single solitary yard of trim. The person from the fabric store must have gotten a good laugh at my goof. I paid more in shipping and handling than I did in fabric! That must be why he or she gave me a couple extra feet. Pity trim! :)