Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why I go to law school in DC

Yesterday, I was invited to the White House.

No big deal, right?!

The National Endowment for the Humanities allowed each of the local law schools to send a few students to see a film screening of a documentary called Prohibition, and then listen to a panel including the co-producer of the movie, a 4th Circuit judge, a Constitutional scholar, and the author of the book the movie was based on.  I was selected from my law school by lottery.  It was all very interesting!

 I was unsure of the photo-taking protocol so I only snapped this one picture:
 Still, it was a very unique opportunity, and it reminded me of why I wanted to go to law school in the capital of the country!

Unfortunately, no member of the First Family popped their head in to say hello (hey, a girl can dream).  The screening was part of the National Endowment for the Humanities' Bridging Culture Through Law Film Series.  I had no idea what a profound impact those few years of Prohibition had on legislation and constitutional law and even the rise of organized crime! 

Afterward, we walked back to the law school for a reception.  They served alcohol which I found really funny / ironic since we had just watched a movie on Prohibition!
I also found it pretty ironic that I did not even know what a speakeasy was a few weeks ago when I got an invitation to go to a speakeasy party!  I know now!


On an unrelated note, Blake is currently (if you're reading this between 9 AM and 1 PM) taking his second of four final exams this quarter.  Wish him luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...