Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Sister's in Town

Sorry for the blog silence, but I have been busy entertaining!  Since Blake's classes started on Monday, and mine are not for another week, I have been in DC with Becca!  If I've learned one thing from having her here, I have learned my limit on watching Keeping up with the Kardashians that I will be a great vacation planner!!

On the first night Becca was in town, we went up to the National Cathedral.

The National Cathedral has been under construction since the earthquake that struck in August of 2011 (since it's now 2012!), so this was the first time that I had seen it post-earthquake. They had some of the damage displayed inside, like the fragments above and to the left.

Something awesome happened while we were there... we got to go into some of the downstairs areas!  I don't know that I've ever been down in some of those rooms.


It was really beautiful, and we loved getting lost among the different rooms.
Then, when we went to the grocery store and picked up stuff for stuffed peppers!  When Blake got home from school, we all teamed up to make some delicious dinner. After some Keeping Up with the Kardashians, we headed to bed for our first big night of Becca's visit!
--Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...