Friday, January 13, 2012

Homemade Bagel Bites!

My sister's lunch provided me with some inspiration in the kitchen the other day!  When we were out sight-seeing, she ordered a pizza bagel.... So much gooey, delicious cheese!
 When we were telling Blake about our day and mentioned the pizza bagel, I could practically see the drool forming!  So after I took Becca to the airport early in the morning, I stopped by Safeway and gathered my ingredients:
  • 12 whole wheat mini-bagels
  • 4 cups of 2% mozzarella cheese
  • one pillow pack of Turkey Pepperoni
  • one onion
  • one jar of pizza sauce
I cut all the bagels in half and layered a little pizza sauce.  Then I cut the pepperonis in half and layered them on top of the sauce.  I added more sauce, some onions, and then cheese!  I topped each bagel bite with pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and a dash of cayenne pepper.  I put them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Soooo yummy!  I ended up making all 12 of the bagels in just two batches.  I packed up three at a time and refrigerated them and we had them for lunches at school for the week.  They're not exactly the healthiest little lunch, but they've gotta be better than whatever the heck comes in the bagel bites boxes you can buy in the frozen aisle!
--Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...