Friday, December 16, 2011

On This Day... 2001

It's time for another installment of On This Day posts! Who's excited??
Here's our last On This Day post.

On this day in 2001...
Me, my sister Becca, and my brother Ben
... my family went to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge! I have so many fond memories of that place. My family got season passes several years in a row, and we had a blast scheming on the best time to go to the park, riding all of the rides multiple times, and wearing ourselves out from walking all over the place.  Ben was a young thing at this point, and the park people would let Mom ride with me and Becca on a ride while Dad stayed with Ben -- and then let Becca and I stay on the ride while Dad rode with us and Mom stayed with Ben!  This worked out quite nicely for Becca and me! :)

Dollywood was a rocking place at Christmas time. We would take the train up into the mountains and look at the Christmas lights. We watched shows and dances more than in the summer too, and that was always a fun way to get into the holiday spirit.

I love the look on our faces in this picture! Benji's is especially cute. I'm not sure who said or did something that made us all crack up, but I love the result!

If I could tell the people in this picture something, I would....
- tell myself to ditch the glasses! :)
- tell Ben not to get lost! The poor thing wandered off on one of our Dollywood trips and scared the heck out of the rest of the family.  Thankfully he found a policeman, just like he'd been told to do if he ever got lost, and everything turned out fine!
- tell Becca that we do indeed grow out of the awkward years, even though it took me a little longer than it took her!

And finally... Here's a grown up version of the kids!


Play along at home!
-Where were you on this day in 2001, or last year, or whenever??
-What would you tell yourself if you could go back in time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...