Sunday, November 20, 2011

TV Shows We Love: Part 1!

Blake and I spend a lot of time studying, but one thing we love to do to relax is watch an episode of TV!  Unfortunately, cable was too expensive.  I think it ends up working well for us though because we have a Netflix account and a free Hulu account and can watch our favorite shows when we want them!  Sometimes it's awkward to try to break up studying in the middle of the evening to catch a show on TV, so we're probably more productive this way.  Anyway.... here's Part 1 of our TV show round-up!

How I Met Your Mother
Source

This show is so fun.  The first time I watched it was on a plane on the way back from the Dominican Republic.  I didn't watch it again until my senior year of college, and I quickly got Blake addicted to it as well!  
It's about Ted (Josh Radnor) and his best friends in New York but it's set up in the future as Future Ted (voiced by Bob Sagget!) tell his two children how he met their mother.  Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) know Ted from college, met at orientation, and got married after graduating (Does that sound familiar to anyone?? Haha).  Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) always wears suits and delivers some of the best one-liners.  Robin (Cobie Smulders) is a newscaster from Canada.




 The Sing Off
Source
Growing up in an a capella church certainly helped Blake and me appreciate the beauty of a capella music!  That, plus each teams' adorable costumes, make The Sing Off a winner in my book!  I also love that the judges, including Ben Folds from Nashville!, are nice when they comment after each performance.  I've never been a fan of another show that judges singing [ :) ] because the judges are rude and the singers all end up crying.  This one is just so heartwarming!  Last season, my two favorite teams ended up going home first and second.  Two videos are in order, I do believe.

Modern Family
Source
Wow. This show. It's only in its third season but it has already won some big awards!  I can completely understand why too.  It is so hilarious!!  The characters are so loveable.  The concept is that families today are different than families were even just 30 years ago.  

Family 1: Jay Pritchett (Ed O'Neill) and his (much younger) wife Gloria (Sofía Vergara) with her son from a previous relationship, Manny (Rico Rodriguez).  Jay has two adult children--Claire and Mitchell.
Family 2: Phil (Ty Burrell) and Claire Dunphy (Julie Bowen) and their 3 children--Haley (Sarah Hyland), Alex (Ariel Winter), and Luke (Nolan Gould).  
Family 3: Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson), a lawyer, and his partner, Cameron (Eric Stonestreet), and their adopted baby, Lily.

I love the family dynamics and the jokes have Blake and me laughing 'til we cry!  We've even been told that Phil is a grown-up version of Blake! Hahahah 

Ok that's Part 1 of mine and Blake's favorite tv shows!  This post could get super long, so I'll just leave it at 3 for right now.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!
--Catie
Does anyone else share our love for these 3 shows?
What are your favorites? Do you have any suggestions for us?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...