Sunday, October 3, 2010

Busy Weekend

Fall has come to the nation's capital! It doesn't quite look like the picture just yet, but I have high hopes for some beautiful fall foliage.
Blake and I probably have expectations that are set a little high though, having grown up in 'the foothills of the Smokies' (I can't tell you how many times I've heard that saying haha). Whether there's beauty to rival that of the Smoky Mountains or not, I am excited about fall! 

Fall is my F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E. season of them all! There's so many reasons to love fall so I'll list a few:
1. Halloween!
I'm the crazy robot in the back. I always took Halloween extremely seriously.  Thankfully my parents encouraged my obsession!

2. Halloween Decorations!
Dorothy (Blake's mom) sent me a magazine and I got these cute templates from there! I had a lot of fun a few weekends ago making these little festive guys! They're going on our window soon!
3. My birthday!

Honestly, who doesn't love to be the center of attention for just a little bit?

4. Fall Colors and GOURDS!
I love these colors and I love pumpkins and squash and those cute bumpy green ones too! Heather bought gourds for our apartment as decorations the last couple of years! Fall is seriously the best!

5. Hot Chocolate!
Admit it... your mouth just watered! And you can't have hot chocolate without a blanket and a husband with whom to cuddle! Aww.....
Honorable Mention
UT Football!
It could only receive Honorable Mention this year because Blake and I don't have cable... Maybe next year old friends!

Well there you have it! Some of my favorite things about my favorite season! Does anybody have any other favorites from this glorious season??
--Catie

2 comments:

  1. Me! Me! I do!! I do!! Fall is my favourite also! I love all the things you do, even Derek!! I will add pumpkin bread with chocolate chips.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! That sounds delicious! Derek and I made banana bread yesterday so we have something fun and quasi-fall-festive to eat with lunch today!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...