Thursday, June 24, 2010

Honeymoon

Even though it's been something like four weeks since our honeymoon, I'm finding that I'm still getting over the sunburns. Unfortunately, my pale white skin follows me wherever I go. Anyways, for our honeymoon, Catie and I spent a week at an all-inclusive resort called the Occidental Grant Xcaret in Riviera Maya, Mexico located on the eastern portion of the Yucatan Peninsula.

We soaked in the sun along the beach, the pool, and the Mayan ruins, as did the freakishly large iguanas that seemed to scurry out of my hands every time I got close to catching one.

We got to try all these different kinds of food and drinks and it was a blast! They had swim up bars and restaurants overlooking the ocean--which was a great surprise considering the first day we got there, we thought the kiddy buffet was the main dinner buffet until we stumbled across a giant restaurant with tables overflowing with much better foods.

We sat in hammocks and beach beds and read a couple of different books.

We met some interesting folks, including a 65ish year old man from England who, upon me asking what part of England he was from, insisted on saying with an extremely thick accent "we're English" every time I repeated the question. We met another guy from Nottingham, who was not Robinhood, but who actually turned out to be a really interesting guy that we talked to almost everyday. Pretty much to sum things up, it was a beautiful place and it was a great experience that I am happy to have been able to share with my new wife. 

In summary points of interest:
Highs-- spending time relaxing, eating, drinking, having fun, and creating wonderful memories to last a lifetime with Catie.
Lows-- the seafood pasta (containing squid tentacles as a replacement for actual pasta)

--Blake

2 comments:

  1. I had not seen these pictures from Cancun. Looks very nice. Now I have a better basis for imagining what it is like there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and great commentary, Derek! Can't wait to hear more details as y'all get settled-in up there in D.C. (I just realized D.C. was y'all's initials... How cool is that!)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead... Make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...